- Heat a large pot over moderate heat, add in the garlic cloves along with the oil chopped onions, turmeric, carrots, celery and dry spices and sauté for a few minutes till fragrant.
- Add in chicken halves and cover with cold water;
- Bring to boil and simmer for 45 minutes remove from heat and allow to sit for another hour before removing the chicken and separating the meat from the skin and bones.
- Add chicken meat back to the pot and Bring to a boil with the Cavalo Nero and chopped parsley.
- Serve with extra-virgin olive oil and juniper spoon over the top of each portion
2 whole bulbs of garlic peeled ( approximately 30 cloves)
1/3 cup of Awesome Food Company extra-virgin olive oil and MCT
2 to 3 inch knob of fresh turmeric finely sliced
2 onions peeled and roughly chopped
2 large carrots washed trimmed and roughly chopped
2 tablespoons coriander seeds
2 tablespoons fennel seeds
1/2 bunch of celery stems ( leaves removed ) washed well roughly chopped
2 whole chickens split in half
1 bunch of Cavalo Nero washed well and roughly chopped
1 bunch of flat leaf parsley rinsed well and finely chopped stems included
1/4 cup of extra-virgin olive oil and juniper