Huda AlSultan is an Accredited Practicing Dietitian, mindful eating coach, passionate foodie, and mum of three. You may recognise her as a top 24 contestant from MasterChef Australia season 11, and she’s also the recipe developer and co-founder of Sassi Ice Cream. Originally from Saudi Arabia, Huda lives in Adelaide, South Australia, with her husband Adam and children.
Huda is proud to be combining her talents with the flavours of Awesome Food Co’s new product “Extra Virgin Olive Oil + MCT” and share this delicious recipe with you.
These Pumpkin Energy Balls are super easy to make using a few simple but nourishing ingredients. I’m sure you’ll love having them to snack on; But with the addition of Awesome Food Co’s new Extra Virgin Olive Oil + MCT you’ll also give your brain & body a boost!
- Heat the oven to 200°C. Put the pumpkin (no oil added) in a lined tray with baking paper and roast for 30-40 minutes, turning halfway through.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the roasted pumpkin with a fork until completely smooth. Transfer the mashed pumpkin to a container and refrigerate at least 1 hour to allow it to cool completely.
- Take the mashed pumpkin out of the fridge, transfer to a mixing bowl and add almond meal, Extra Virgin Olive Oil + MCT, almond butter, cinnamon powder, vanilla paste, salt flakes, and nutmeg. Mix the mixture well to combine.
- Roll tablespoon portions of pumpkin mixture into balls. You will form 7 balls.
- Roll pumpkin balls in desiccated coconut until all are coated.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
350g butternut pumpkin, cut into 2.5cm pieces and 1cm thick
40g almond meal
1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil + MCT
1 tablespoon almond butter
1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
1 teaspoon pure vanilla paste or vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon salt flakes
Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
¼ c desiccated coconut